I have had the pleasure of working with some of the most wonderful couples that have ever come through Montana. I like to think that I attract clients that are “real people” just like me, no matter their financial background, race, style, etc…the bottom line is that they want a timeless event and they need help getting it done.
Lets face it, one can spend a lot of money on a wedding these days. Most brides try to save money by shopping at Michael’s crafts or other bargain stores…often spending more than they would have with a professional. I am learning to embrace my knowledge, share it, and educate couples on how they can pull off a beautiful wedding and not sacrifice the important things.
I love the type of designs we create that you will look at 50 years from now and appreciate how simple and beautiful they were…I am really not a trend-setter, but look at the subtleties that will enhance my bride, the perfect shade that warms the venue, and a menu that the guests will remember.
One of the most challenging questions I get as a planner is “how much is this going to cost me”. So much of the answer to this question depends on YOU, the person with the pocket book. So many wonderful things happen as you begin the journey of planning your wedding. The personal expression that you want to bring to the event, the color of the bridesmaids dresses, the flowers, the food, the venue…it is all exciting to watch come together and share with your closest family and friends, and at the same time, all of this can be quite time consuming to organize and facilitate to achieve the wedding that you wish for. But for many couples in this economy, it is what you are faced with…planning and facilitating a wedding all on your own. I understand, and I REALLY get it.
My job is getting more difficult. With budget conscious couples, over the top communication needs to happen on all things financial. I can see the stress that weddings cause a family during these economic times. At one time, most of my couples could have anything they wanted on their wedding day….and are now forced to make tough decisions. I say, bring it on, and I will help you!
The most important thing you could do in this economy, is hire a professional planner to assist you…if not for the entire process, at least to facilitate your wedding day. I feel strongly about marriage, why we enter into them and what is sacred about the union. I want to get you back to the reason you are getting married and help you enjoy this time in your life. The year you get married is a starting point for the rest of your life, a part of a legacy and document of the two of you as a couple. I also feel strongly about my role as a professional in this field. I am a planner, and I want to teach people how to make their wedding dreams reality without sacrificing great design. It can be simple, you can do it yourself, and I will give you the tools to make it happen.
The top 5 things I see a professional bringing to the table are:
- winning vendor teams–they have already met with and worked out many contracts with caterers, musicians, car rentals, event rentals, photographers…and understand what their fees will be. They will quickly point you to the ones that are a good fit for you.
- area knowledge–they can find the perfect spot for your wedding day and all of the activities that are available to you
- local discounts–many planners have strategic relationships with vendors and can offer better pricing on things such as linens, favors, and event rentals
- timing of the day…you may not think it or know it now, but this plays a huge factor on your wedding, and you don’t want to go into it without a detailed plan and someone to meet with vendors while you are tying the knot.
- giving you the ability to enjoy your own wedding…this is priceless. Just ask any bride who had a professional run their day!
So, if you are a DIY bride, a budget conscious bride, or a bride that needs help with the planning process–STOP right here!!!! It will be a pleasure working together….if you were thinking of doing your own flowers, that is ok! Let me show you how! If you were planning on organizing your own wedding, that is ok! Let me show you how to do that, too, but let me be there on the wedding day.
Get ready, it’s going to be a fun journey!