It’s time to dress the groom! If it’s important to you that the groom stands out from the groomsmen, there are a few ways to do that and stay uniform.
- The groom can wear a slightly different tux jacket. If the groom is wearing a double breasted jacket the groomsmen can wear single breasted. Or the groom can wear a different color tux.
- The groom can wear a different colored tie or bow tie. For example the groom can wear a silver tie or bow tie and the groomsmen can match the bridesmaids.
- The groom could also wear a different color vest. You could put him in a black tie and vest and the groomsmen in vests that match the bridesmaids.
- If your wedding is very formal and wearing mismatched tuxes isn’t an option you can run with a different flower in your boutonniere. It can be as simple as adding a little something different to the grooms boutonniere such as berries or an herbal accent. If you want to have a different flower in the groom’s keep it in the same color palette, but use a little different flower than the groomsmen.
- If the groom is in the armed forces wearing his Class A’s is a dashing way to go and he’ll stand out from the groomsmen.