From the moment you get engaged until the moment you exchange vows, you will undoubtedly get caught up in making sure that your wedding perfectly reflects your personality and style. However, when adding your own flavor and personal touches to your big day, perhaps the most important part of your personality that is most easily left out is the philanthropist in you that is passionate about giving back to others and helping those in need.
At Leslie Lukas Weddings and Events, we emphasize giving back. Here are just a few of our ideas of how to make your special day even more impactful and even more heartfelt for you and your new spouse.
- The most obvious and straightforward option is to cut back on your initial budget and donate the saved money to the charity of your choice. Though this sounds easier than it actually is, you will never regret choosing the lesser expensive option of napkins in favor of helping feed a needy family or donating to a charity that you are passionate about. In ten years you won’t remember what you cut out, but you will remember how your wedding was able to impact someone’s life.
- *Book your event through Leslie Lukas at the prestigious and beautiful Moonlight Basin Resort in Big Sky, Montana before 2013, and we will donate $500 to the charity of your choice. Not only will you have a gorgeous venue with breathtaking views and mountain fresh air, but you will be making an impact on someone else’s life. What better way to cap off the day of your dreams than by knowing that you are giving…without cutting back on other details! *Special booking instructions are at the end of this post.
- Did you know that Leslie Lukas Weddings & Events gives all brides and event hosts the option to donate floral arrangements to funeral homes, nursing homes, and hospitals? Why not let your beautiful floral designs bring a smile to someone going through a hard time?
- Many brides can’t afford the dress of the dreams, so why not give them the dress of yours? Instead of doing a “trash the dress” photo shoot you can donate your dress to a good cause. There are so many great ways to give your dress much more meaning after your wedding is over. You can give hope to cancer survivors, natural disaster survivors, underprivileged children, and many more. For ideas go to donatemyweddingdress.org. Let your mothers and bridesmaids do the same at donatemydress.org.
- Registering for and opening your wedding gifts is half the fun of getting married! However, most couples these days have a lot of the items they need for marital life before they exchange vows. Furthermore, guests can feel overwhelmed when deciding on a present for the newlyweds and simply picking a present off of the registered list can feel impersonal to the giver. Our solution: Register for the charity of your choice with the I DO Foundation and have your guests donate in your name. Here’s the kicker- Your guests will feel good. The recipients of the charity’s help will feel good. And then YOU will feel good! Your gift will have three times the impact of that deluxe margarita blender you might have used.
- Give the traditional Dollar Dance a whole new meaning by informing guests that the proceeds will be donated to a cause that is close to you.
- Make your food and beverages count by knowing more about the products you are serving. Support your local florists and farmers as much as possible or choose products that support a good cause like One Hope Wine. To make a fashion statement, wear a pair of wedding-style TOMS shoes. Not only are they adorable, but also for every pair purchased TOMS will donate a pair to a person in need.
- Did you plan for way more many guests than actually showed up? Find a family in need or donate the leftovers to the local homeless shelter.
- Enlist your family and bridal party in a 5k Walk/Run before the wedding. There are many 5k’s that support great causes, such as the Race for the Cure, Relay for Life, Wounded Warrior Project, and many more. Even if you aren’t an avid runner, you will feel good with every step you take knowing that you and your closest friends are helping make a change. And, hey, the calorie burn to help you look great in your dress is an added bonus!
- Instead of stressing over proper gifts for your attendants, give them charitable gift cards. You make the donation and they select the charity! It’s a great way to say Thank You and incorporate your nearest and dearest in your charitable efforts.
There are many other great ideas out there, so here are some website to check out for more giving ideas:
- TheBridesProject.com – Fighting cancer, one dress at a time.
- JustGive.org – Making charity a part of your big day has never been easier!
- BridesAgainstBreastCancer.org – Contributes to programs for cancer patients and their families.
- TheCharityWedding.com – Seamlessly blending matrimony and philanthropy all in the name of love.
Start off your new life with a commitment to your partner and to helping those in need with a charitable and memorable wedding day!
*To learn more about our special promotion with booking your Leslie Lukas wedding or event at Moonlight Basin Resort, please do the following: Contact Leslie first by sending an email to her at email@example.com with MOONLIGHT as the subject. She will send you details on how to book her services and will put you in touch with Moonlight Basin. If both are a good fit, you will receive $500 cash donation to the charity of your choice! If you have already been in touch with Moonlight Basin Resort with your name on file with their event planner, this offer will be void. The communication to Moonlight Basin must come from Leslie Lukas, let our team do the work for you and we hope we can help you give back!